What is an Shopping Cart ?
A shopping cart is a collection of products selected by a visitor in their purchase order in an online shop
created with ShopIQ e-commerce solution. The application provides a flexible and intuitive in use shopping
cart, which presents to the users the actual amount of payment (including related fees), conforming with
selected products in the store.
How can I add a product in Shopping Cart ?
To add a product in the shopping cart, must press the Add to Cart button, available for each product that
can be ordered, both in the list of products, as well as in product details page.
On pressing the button, the application will add the product to the shopping cart and will associate the quantity 1 to it. The
application will automatically load the page that displays the shopping cart, place where the user can change the quantity that
wants to buy for the new product.
The information from shopping cart are not stored on server, they are stored on visitor's computer through cookies system, available
on any web browser. Because this system of cookies, the ShopIQ ecommerce solution stores the shopping cart created
at a time and displays it in the shop at a new access of it, within a maximum of 30 days, after that, considers that the information
from the shopping cart are no longer current and deletes them.
Operations available in Shopping Cart
- Change quantities: To every product from shopping cart, may be changed the quantity to order
- Actualize quantities: after changing the quantities, in order to recalculate the purchase prices from shopping cart, must be called the action for updating the quantities
- Delete products: deletes, individually, each product from the shopping cart
- Empty shopping cart: deletes all products from the shopping cart
- Create online order: the sales order is created based on products and quantities specified in the shopping cart. Once created the sales order, the shopping cart is cleared.